1. Please define the obfuscation process in detail.
2. Using http://www.dependencywalker.com please explain the components involved within the .dll GetCurrentProcess.dll along with how the process works. Please provide a snapshot of your findings.
3. Answer the questions relating to Lab1-2:
Q: 1. Upload the Lab01-02.exe file to http://www.VirusTotal.com/ . Does it match any existing antivirus
Q: 2. Are there any indications that this file is packed or obfuscated? If so, what are these
indicators? If the file is packed, unpack it if possible.
Q: 3. Do any imports hint at this program’s functionality? If so, which imports are they
and what do they tell you?
Q: 4. What host-or network-based indicators could be used to identify this malware on infected
In this assignment, you will need to setup a virtualized environment. See the following:
Please provide a complete writeup on how this malware could be installed on your machine. NOTE: You will need to disable any anti-virus protection as this contains live malware. It will not install onto your system.
Analyze the malware found in the file Lab03-02.dll using basic dynamic
How can you get this malware to install itself?
How would you get this malware to run after installation?
How can you find the process under which this malware is running?
Which filters could you set in order to use procmon to glean information?
What are the malware’s host-based indicators?
Are there any useful network-based signatures for this malware?
How could you prevent this type of malware from installing on your machine?
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE QUESTIONS IN DOCUMENT AND ANSER THEM ACCORDINGLY.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.