Controversy in public health issues occur periodically and must be investigated and settled with the best research. One such controversy occurred when Dr. Andrew Wakefield published an article in the Lancet (1998) that correlated autism with the MMR vaccination. The media grabbed hold of this possibility, and a resulting decline in the vaccination of thousands of children against measles, mumps, and rubella occurred worldwide. Subsequently the supposition of a causal link between autism and the MMR vaccine was disproven. Unfortunately, society continues to have a lower rate of vaccination in the pediatric population. Macha and McDonough (2012) state “However, many parents feared and did not want their children to receive the MMR vaccine based on information they had heard”.
1. Discuss the ramifications on our current society of not vaccinating children.
2. Where does the concept of herd immunity fit in this situation? Document this assignment in 2 pages document. Include 2 peer reviewed articles.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.