Each student is to pick a genetically-based disease and submit a report on that disease.
Paper is to be single-spaced, font 12, 6-8 pages in length and reference at least primary resources.
Each report must follow the following heading format. (MEANS USE THESE HEADINGS)
Address each of the heading areas as best as possible.
1. Name of disorder. – include official medical names and common names
2. Chromosomal location - describe the location of genes underlying the disease of interest
3. Type of inheritance – discuss the mode of inheritance of the gene(s) involved – dominant, recessive, sex linked, autosomal dominant, multifactorial.
4. Frequency of occurrence. – discuss the likelihood of inheriting this disease. Are their any special
circumstances that increase the frequency within certain populations.
5. Phenotype: – describe the symptoms of the disease. These can be functional or
structural. Also describe the time course of disease development and
the progression/prognosis once the disease has been diagnosed.
6. Genotype: – describe the genetic defect. This should include molecular, biochemical and physiological ramifications.
7. Interventions: – describe the current state of medical care for the disease. Does the current medical care treat the cause of the disease or just its symptoms?
8. Future Directions: – does the disease lend itself to new medicines, therapy, and/or biotechnology that is just around the corner?
9. Literature Cited: List the Authors, Title, journal/book, volume, pages and date. Be sure to include at least five recent articles from the primary literature.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.