Introduction to Lesson 11 Group Assignment
This week, we look at Chapter 8 – Apollo mini case for ‘Liabilities’. Download the Electronic Working Paper for chapter 8
Test of Control
1. Read the 'Purchase Narrative' (Tab C-1) first to identify what kind of control activities the company has.
2. Set up the test of control workpaper (in Tab C-2) by selecting 5 control activities you identified from 'Purchase Narrative' and designing a test of control that fits each of the control activities that you selected.
Exhibit 8.6 and 8.7 in the textbook present plenty of examples of test of controls that you can choose from. Also, I included the 'Revenue Narrative' and 'Revenue Controls Test' tabs so that you get an idea of how the workpaper should look like (Your task is only to set up the workpaper. You cannot actually perform the test because you cannot observe the control activities or collect audit evidence).
Search for Liabilities
We learned in this lesson a number of audit procedures to search unrecorded liabilities. Your task is to perform one type of those procedures. In Tab F-1 'Liabilities Lead Sheet', you will see an unfinished workpaper. Your job is to perform a 'search for unrecorded liability' procedure and enter the audit adjustment amount for Account Payables (highlighted in yellow), if you find any.
In Tab F-4 ' Cash Disbursement Journal', an audit staff has already selected a sample of cash disbursements made in the subsequent year, investigated them, and documented in the ‘Note’ column the purpose of these payments.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.