To show an understanding of how social institutions define crime and how they produce racialized effects in the criminal justice system.
Drawing from at least 2 readings and one film from weeks 1-6, explain why social structure theory might be wrong to place primary concern for crime with weaknesses or pathologies within poor communities. How have these communities been criminalized and subjected to unjust forms of policing and criminal justice/punishment/mass incarceration that are not only unjust but racist?
You can use any film or video covered in the course and any of the recommended or required readings. Make sure at least one of your readings is a scholarly article (meaning, not a news article). Lecture slides also provide valuable information and should be scanned for relevant information (hint: if you discuss topics that are covered in slides but do not incorporate the information in the slides then this will impact your grade).
This is not a research paper so do not add research materials unless you get approval from the instructor.
Write a 5-page essay (minimum) in scholarly format using Chicago Manual Style citations. Information for bibliographies is included in the syllabus.
1. Include your name, student number, the date, course number, and the professor’s name on the top left of the first page.
2. Include a title for your work.
3. Use 12 point Times New Roman font and double space your work.
4. Insert a footer or header with your last name and the page number.
5-USE DIRECT QUOTES ONLY IN YOUR ESSAYS
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.