Don't forget to refer to the Discussion Board Check List.pdf
Finally, note that from this discussion on, you will be unable to read or comment on posts made by your peers until you have published your own response to this discussion prompt.
“The sociological imagination enables us to grasp history and biography and the relations between the two within society. That is its task and its promise.”
That’s an ambitious agenda but, even as a beginner, you can begin to realize that promise by asking three sorts of questions: those referring to structure, history and biography. When asking these three basic questions, you need to differentiate between the two basic elements of society (biography and history). Differentiate between the “personal troubles of the milieu” and the “public issues of structure.”
Answer the following questions based on the contemporary world (large or small, local or global) that YOU live in. You may focus on one aspect of a particular society (small-scale) or the entire society as whole. Please be sure to indicate how you’re defining society and/or if you’re focusing on one narrow subsection of a type of society:
1. STRUCTURE: What is this structure of this particular society as a whole? What are the essential component parts? How do these parts relate to one another? How does this society differ from others?
2. HISTORY: Where does this society stand in human history? What are the essential features of this historical period? How did/does social change happen? What macro (large-scale, structural) trends cause social problems?
3. BIOGRAPHY: What varieties of men and women now prevail in this society and in this period? How is human behavior changing? In what ways are social characteristics shaped? Which characteristics are encouraged and which are repressed? How is human “nature” shaped by society’s dominant institutions?
4. Write a ONE SENTENCE SUMMARY on the main point of the reading. In other words, what IS the "sociological Imagination" or sociological perspective he is outlining in the article?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.