Discussion: Trends in Addiction Treatment
Helping professionals entering the addiction profession are doing so on the cusp of a new era. Significant changes are taking place in treatment approaches, technology, funding, public policy, and perceptions of addiction and recovery.
Underlying these trends is the emergence of a paradigm shift in the way addiction and recovery are perceived. The new paradigm grasps the chronic nature of addiction. It uses long-term approaches that address all areas of one's life with the goal of improving the quality of life throughout the lifespan. As a helping professional, you should stay abreast of trends in addiction treatment and understand how they impact your profession.
For this Discussion, research and find two articles from academic journals that discuss future trends in the treatment of addictions.
Provide a 400-word discussion Post
– Provide a brief description of two current and two future trends that you found in your research in the treatment of addiction.
– Explain what impact these trends may have on the field of addiction treatment and social change.
– Support your response using the resources and the following current literature. Must contain at least 3 references and citations.
Doweiko, H. E. (2019). Concepts of chemical dependency (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
· Chapter 27, "The Substance Use Disorders As a Disease of the Human Spirit" (pp. 376-388)
· Chapter 35, "Support Groups to Promote and Sustain Recovery" (pp. 493-505)
· Chapter 38, "The Debate Over Legalization" (pp. 543-555)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2009). Implementing change in substance abuse treatment programs (DHHS Publication No. SMA 09-4377). Retrieved from http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content//SMA09-4377/SMA09-4377.pdf Read pages 1–18.
Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons With Co-Occurring Disorders. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 42. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 05-3922. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2005.
Vanderplasschen, W., Vandevelde, S., De Ruysscher, C., Vandevelde, D., & Broekaert, E. (2017). In search of evidence-based treatment in TCs for addictions: 40 years of research in TC De Kiem (Belgium). Journal of Groups in Addiction & Recovery, 12(2-3), 177-195.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.