1. The American Diabetes Association offers a simple online diabetes risk test which gives you a score ranging from 1 to 10. If someone scores 5 points or higher it would mean that this person has a significant risk for having undiagnosed prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
2. [YOUR ANSWER – TWO POINTS]:
Based on the results of the risk test that you just took, reflect on what you need to do to EITHER maintain your low risk and continue to prevent diabetes, OR, to reduce your high risk to prevent type 2 diabetes and/or manage diabetes better.
Please do NOT disclose your actual health condition or even your score. All you need to do for this question is to write a brief reflection on what you (or the person you answered for) should do to maintain a low risk score or to reduce a high risk score. Use appropriate guidelines and information provided in this website. To earn 2 full points there must be at least 3 sentences in your answer here.
When using any information from this website to help you answer this question, please make sure you either quote or paraphrase the information and provide the appropriate in-text citation in your answer [e.g., (American Diabetes Association, 2020)]. Do NOT copy and paste any texts without attribution as that would constitute plagiarism. Copied and pasted text will result in 0 point for this assignment.
1. Start by going to this page on the The American Heart Association's website: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/understanding-blood-pressure-readings/monitoring-your-blood-pressure-at-home. (Links to an external site.) Watch the video on that page and then read the rest of the information provided.
2. Now read the following scenario:
You are taking an older family member to a doctor's appointment scheduled for 10:00 AM one day. On your way there, both of you stopped for coffee at 9:30 AM. When you get to the location of your doctor's office, you could not find parking easily. After driving around for several minutes, you finally find a parking spot that is some distance away. You and your family member now need to walk fast because you are already running late for the appointment. When you get to the doctor's office, the nurse immediately take you and your family member into an exam room because the clinic is very busy that day. The nurse then asks your family member to sit down, and she measures their blood pressure right away using a blood pressure monitor (machine). While the machine is still working, the nurse asks your family member to answer several questions in order to fill out the paperwork at the same time. Your family member is a little breathless while answering these questions. Finally the machine finishes measuring the blood pressure and shows a reading of 142/94.
3. YOUR ANSWERS [THREE POINTS, 1 point each question]:
(A) From what you've learned in the American Heart Association video and website, what are all the incorrect things related to blood pressure measurement that happened in the scenario above?
(B) What are all the things that you should now ask your family member as well as the nurse to do so that the blood pressure reading can be more accurate?
(C) Let's say everyone followed the proper procedure the second time and the blood pressure reading is 135/80. What does this reading mean and what are some of the things your family member need to do now? Explore the rest of the American Heart Association website to help you find the answers to this question.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.