You are going to use an outside company to create a website for your business from Assignment 1. To get a quote from the outside company you need to develop a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the new website. According to Wikipedia, “An RFP is a document that solicits proposal, often made through a bidding process, by an agency or company interested in procurement of a commodity, service, or valuable asset, to potential suppliers to submit business proposals.”
You need to define for the web development company what you want them to do, so that they can provide a good estimate for what you want delivered on your website. (Assignment 3, you will create the actual website, based on your RFP).
For help designing an RFP, Google “How to create an RFP for a website.” Note: This is partially a research project!
Following are links that can begin your research:
This proposal should include items such as but not limited to the following:
1. Company Overview
a. Company goals and vision
b. Objectives you want to achieve by the website (the reasons for your web site)
c. Audience for your site
2. Website Requirements (functionality requirements)
a. Work to be performed by the contractor
b. Installation work, if any
c. Acceptance criteria
d. Acceptance testing (how will the site be tested)
e. Who will host the site?
f. Technology Requirements
g. Who will maintain the site after hand-off?
h. Specific requirements for your site
i. Color schemes
ii. Pages i.e., a home page
· How many pages should link to it (at least 4)
· How the pages should navigate (what leads to what)
iii. Basic page design (aesthetics)
· what you want on each of the pages
iv. Types of transaction
v. CRM Techniques
a. Start date
b. End date
c. Milestone dates
d. Review dates
4. Proposal Process and schedule
a. RFP sent to bidders
b. Proposal due to Customer
c. Final selection
5. Proposal evaluation criteria
a. How will you evaluate the bidders?
6. Estimate cost (budget)
7. Service level agreements
8. Privacy policies
Point value distribution:
Creation of the RFP itself: up to 50 points
· 20 points for completeness of the RFP (Components of the RFP)
· 25 points for the content within the components of the RFP
· 5 points for grammar / spelling / and professionalism
Note: all verbiage on your RFP must be original; i.e., your own words. Do not cut and paste or otherwise copy from any other source.
Thank you !
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.